Before filling out the form on the right, please read carefully.
Black Women Benefit is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to embrace, empower, and invest into Black women. We achieve our mission through free mental health resources and financial awards to Black women.
Elizabeth A. Jones is a pioneer and advocate for Black women.
In celebration of all that Elizabeth has done for Black women, we are thrilled to honor her with this award while also helping to support Black women and their families who are going through emergencies.
Who is this award for?
We’ve created this emergency fund to support Black moms living in the United States with emergencies related to housing, utilities, medical situations, and more.
What is an emergency?
An emergency involves an immediate need or a potentially dangerous situation.
Will everyone be selected for funding?
No. Unfortunately we have a limited amount of funding and will only award the recipients that match our scoring criteria. We will review applications once a week. If your request is time-sensitive, we will attempt to contact you within seven days if you are selected for funding.
To be considered, applicants must:
1. Follow Black Women Benefit on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter AND like our award post.
Facebook(Black Women Benefit Facebook page)
2. Tag another Black mom who may benefit from this fund in the comments.
3. Fill out the application below.
4. If selected, be willing to sign our award agreement, make a post about Black Women Benefit, and participate in a brief Instagram Live or Zoom call with Black Women Benefit to briefly talk about the impact of this award.
5. We usually receive anywhere between 20-30 applications for our awards. Focus on answering the questions as thoroughly and as honest as you can. Answering this way will improve your chances of being selected as the recipient of this award.
7. If you personally know anyone from the Black Women Benefit staff, our conflict of interest policy prohibits you from applying.
6. And lastly, by submitting this form, you are granting Black Women Benefit permission to email you regarding the status of your application. We will also add you to our monthly newsletter that will provide more resources to Black women.
Applications are rolling until all of our funds have been depleted.
We will email all applicants with a decision on funding in a timely manner.
Make sure you add “email@example.com” to your contact list so that the email does not go to spam.